Wilson Combat EDC X9
The Wilson Combat EDC X9, designed by Bill Wilson and Wilson Combat engineers and thoroughly tested by our team of designers, champion shooters, and external industry experts, combines 1911 match-grade accuracy, superior ergonomics, and concealability with modern service pistol capacity and reliability. As a result, it is the superior choice for everyday carry.
Wilson Combat’s EDC X9, a modern hybrid of our EDC 9 1911 slide assembly mated with the all-new high-capacity X-frame, has redefined the defensive handgun. This revolutionary design combines the accuracy, ergonomics, and trigger pull of the classic 1911 design with improved reliability and concealable, high capacity performance.
The X-frame, designed by Bill Wilson and Wilson Combat engineers, is a 15-round, high capacity 9mm 1911 frame that is similar in size to a traditional compact, single stack 1911. Wilson Combat machined the X-frame from T6-7075 aluminum and accepts a high capacity magazine with a grip that is smaller in circumference than a standard 1911 while retaining traditional 1911 controls.
The Wilson Combat EDC X9 15-round, double column magazine was created in collaboration with Mec-Gar, the industry leaders in double column magazine design. The screwless X-frame design employs hammer spring tension to keep the aggressive traction Wilson/VZ G-10 starburst pattern grips securely in place.
As a result, the pistol frame is more concealable, has a higher capacity, and can be completely disassembled for cleaning with a single punch, without the use of screws or frame bushings, as well as a more natural, oval grip shape. The EDC X9 slide assembly is derived from our single stack Wilson Combat EDC 9 pistol and features Wilson Combat’s ERS “Enhanced Reliability System” for 9mm 1911s. The ERS is designed to handle the varying power levels of 9mm ammunition and performs admirably in all conditions, even when heavily fouled and low on lubrication.
Other features include a Tri-Top slide profile with a user-replaceable front sight, a single lug tapered cone match-grade 1911 barrel, a rear Tactical Adjustable Battlesight, and a tough, user-serviceable external extractor. The ergonomic design of the X-frame grip, combined with an enlarged trigger guard window and your choice of radiused trigger pad length, comfortably fits all hand sizes and improves recoil control.
The Wilson Combat EDC X9 front and back straps are machined with the Wilson Combat X-Tac tread pattern, which provides a comfortable but tactile grip in all shooting conditions. The Wilson Combat EDC X9 will fit the majority of holsters designed for 4″ or 4.25″ 1911 pistols and is available with or without an accessory rail.
The Wilson Combat EDC X9 has been rigorously tested by the Wilson Combat team of designers, champion shooters, and external industry experts. It offers discriminating shooters 1911 match-grade accuracy, superior ergonomics, and concealability, combined with modern service pistol capacity and reliability.
- High-Capacity Compact Size Aluminum X-Frame with Reliability Enhanced Frame Rails
- Unique X-TAC Frontstrap/Mainspring Housing Treatment
- Concealment Bullet Proof® Hammer
- Bullet Proof® Thumb Safety
- 3 ½# – 4 ½# Crisp Trigger Pull with Medium Length Pad
- Bullet Proof® Magazine Release
- Black G10 Aggressive Starburst Grips with Pewter Medallions
- 4” Stainless Steel Tri-Top Slide with External Extractor
- Unique X-TAC Rear & Front Cocking Serration Treatment on Slide
- Heavy Machine Chamfer on Bottom of Slide
- Elevation Adjustable Tactical Battlesight with Fiber Optic Front Sight with 4-40 Hex Head Cap Screw
- 4” Stainless Cone Barrel with Reliability Enhancing Lock-up, Flush Cut Reverse Crown
- Fluted Chamber
- Fluted Barrel
- 30 LPI Slide Top Serrations
- 40 LPI Serrated Rear of Slide
- Carry Cuts/Ball Endmill Cuts
- 2 15-Round Capacity Magazines
- Armor-Tuff® Options – controls & backstrap only available in black.
- Backstrap Size (Large & Small)
- Trigger Length (Long, Medium, & Short)
- Ambidextrous Thumb Safety
- Grip Pannel (Black, Gray/Black, Dirty Olive, & Black Cherry)